The governing body of the BattleFly Network.
The Council will be made up of 5 members with BattleFly DAO’s best interest at heart.
- 2 community members - nominated and elected by the DAO
- 1 member from the Treasure ecosystem with gaming experience (that is active in BattleFly)
- 2 BattleFly DAO core contributors
This mix should provide a balanced view from community members, the Treasure ecosystem, and those closest to building BattleFly’s products.
Role of the Council
This Council will facilitate which proposals go to Snapshot vote, ensuring:
- 1.Proposals are properly vetted and fine-tuned before being presented to the DAO for vote
- 2.Low quality, unviable, and/or malicious proposals are not put to vote
- 3.The DAO is able to move fast and focus on proposals that matter
Governance over the Council
- 1.The Council will be renewed via vote every 6 months
- 2.Ad-hoc proposals around resetting or replacing members of the Council will go directly to Snapshot vote with a maximum of 1 vote every 30 days on this topic. This is to prevent scenarios where:
- 1.The majority of the DAO is not happy with the current Council AND
- 2.The Council is refusing to pass any proposals to Snapshot
The Discord IDs of the current DAO Council are:
Governance will be executed by DAO vote in the following manner:
- 1.A proposal is submitted via Discord in our #Governance-Discussion channel
- 2.A DAO appointed council will decide to move the proposal forward to Snapshot
- 3.An on-chain Snapshot vote opens, followed by a 3 day period for voting
- 4.Snapshot proposals that end with a simple majority will be implemented by the DAO
Disclaimer: The DAO appointed council will have the right to veto proposals that are deemed to be malicious in nature or illegal.
BattleFly DAO governance rights will be granted to:
- Holders of gFLY tokens that are:
- Staked and locked in the BattleFly Flywheel dashboard, or
- Accrued to vest over time for holders of vesting gFLY
- Holders of V1 or V2 Founders NFTs:
- Each v1 holds the equitable amount of voting power decided by total v1's staked / the 255,000 gFLY in the v1 Founders Vault.
- Each v2 holds the equitable amount of voting power decided by total v2's staked / the 255,000 gFLY in the v2 Founders Vault.
- Holders of staked gFLY:MAGIC LP tokens
Effectively locked and vesting tokens are treated identically for the purposes of DAO governance, and both represent 1 (one) vote.
The DAO has governance rights over the BattleFly Network, including:
- BattleFly games
We are disclosing the following wallet information to provide full transparency to the DAO.
Note: Harvester related wallets will not be publicly disclosed to the benefit of the DAO.